Find in this post 5 social media ideas for your music festival to make the most out of its online presence.
1. Choose a good hashtag
If you don’t have one yet, you must create a hashtag for your music festival: #MyFestival, preferably followed by the year #MyFestival2015 (if 2015) or the number of the edition #MyFestival9 (if it is the ninth edition). In this brief word or set of words you should reflect your brand name to make it easier for users to mention you in their comments on social media. For details on how to create a good hashtag for your music festival, take a look at this article.
2. Keep attendees informed
Use social media to monitor your music festival, for example, the poster competition, events and pre-event games. Share schedules of the festival on Twitter, create an album with the best photos of groups and fans on Facebook, take photos and upload the funniest moments of the singers and musicians to Instagram… In short, share every single piece of information with your followers so they can better enjoy your event.
So many different colors and artists of Coachella. Let's celebrate and keep the party going for one last night. pic.twitter.com/pk5b7TKWJb
— Coachella (@coachella) abril 20, 2015
3. Involve attendees
Invite attendees to leave their stories and experiences in your social media. With a brief comment, a picture and even a short video, the essence of your music festival will be shared and viewed by a large number of people.
4. Reuse attendees’ content
Use the content generated by attendees to create viral content. Collect this content, create an animated video based on the experience at your music festival and show it on your YouTube channel. A viral video is a good element to spread a brand image closer and funnier; it reaches the customer through humor and emotions, inviting them to share it among their friends.
5. From virtual to real
Boost your online presence using offline media:
- organize contests and raffles based on social media
- share your hashtag on physical goods: flyers, wristbands, tickets, glasses, VIP cards, t-shirts…
- display photos and videos of attendees on the screens of your music festival
Liked this article?
You may also like:
- Social media guide for retail
- How to display Twitter videos on screens
- How to display Twitter GIFs on screens
- Social media guide for education centers
- Social media guide for music festivals
- How to display Instagram videos on screens
- How to display Instagram photos on screens
- How to display photos and videos of Instagram searches on screens
- How to display photos and videos of Instagram hashtags on screens
- How to create and setup an Instagram wall for events
Let’s boost your music festival in social media
|We develop solutions for your music festival to be a success in social media, let’s talk!
|Rafa Roda – CEO of Yarr TV
|(+34) 629 436 321 @YarrTV