Find in this post 5 social media ideas for your hotel to make the most out of its online presence.
1. Choose a good hashtag
If you don’t have one yet, you must create a hashtag for your hotel: #MyHotel. In this brief word or set of words you should reflect your brand name to make it easier for users to mention you in their comments on social media. For details on how to create a good hashtag for your hotel, take a look at this article.
2. Keep guests informed
Use social media to highlight your strengths, for example, the range of activities of your hotel, the attractions of the environment and the quality of your service. Share the table pool activities on Twitter, create an album with the excursions schedule on Facebook, share on Instagram your list of exclusive services… In short, share every single piece of information with your followers so they can better enjoy the stay at your hotel.
#Download our #free #App don't miss any of our events! Android http://t.co/tjFIEYHNSQ iOS http://t.co/klFu8R88DP pic.twitter.com/4hLDfNKToG
— #GrandPalladium (@PalladiumHotels) septiembre 20, 2015
3. Involve guests
Invite your guests to leave their stories and experiences in your social media. With a brief comment, a picture and even a short video, the essence of your hotel will be shared and viewed by a large number of people.
Thank you all for the #FanPhotoFriday pics.Keep an eye out we will post some every Friday! #GrandPalladiumJamaica pic.twitter.com/ZrZNVzYUms
— #GrandPalladium (@PalladiumHotels) septiembre 18, 2015
4. Reuse guests’ content
Use the content generated by your guests to create viral content. Collect this content, create an animated video based on the experience at your hotel and show it on your YouTube channel. A viral video is a good element to spread a brand image closer and funnier; it reaches the customer through humor and emotions, inviting them to share it among their friends.
5. From virtual to real
Boost your online presence using offline media:
- organize contests and raffles based on social media
- share your hashtag on physical goods: keys, door hangers, coasters in the rooms, parking ticket, restaurant linens…
- display photos and videos of guests on the screens of your hotel
Liked this article?
You may also like:
- Social media guide for retail
- How to display Twitter videos on screens
- How to display Twitter GIFs on screens
- Social media guide for education centers
- Social media guide for music festivals
- How to display Instagram videos on screens
- How to display Instagram photos on screens
- How to display photos and videos of Instagram searches on screens
- How to display photos and videos of Instagram hashtags on screens
- How to create and setup an Instagram wall for events
Let’s boost your hotel in social media
|We develop solutions for your hotel to be a success in social media, let’s talk!|
|Rafa Roda – CEO of Yarr TV|
|(+34) 629 436 321 @YarrTV|